Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Hello Followers, Friends and Family
I am happy to say "I'm back!". The last 4 months have been nothing short of a living nightmare. My husband of 17 years walked out on me and the kids and I truly believed life as I knew it was over. Very recently, I got off my butt and started to live again. My aunt made me realize something very important...I really do enjoy card-making. So....I unpacked all my stuff and started (started over to be precise). Let me eleborate. You know the saying "icing on the cake". Well I thought that when my husband left, nothing could get worse...well it did. A few weeks before Christmas, my van was broken into and all my handmade cards (about 50-60 total) and my bracelet business was stolen. Wow - what a demotivator that was to get back into card-making. Anyways...here I am card-making!!!!
Monday, August 24, 2009
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Well, I had been gazing at some other wonderful blogs and I realized how much chipboard letters I had and have NEVER used on cards. For this card, I cut stars from GBS at 1 and 1.5 inches. The embellies are from a button pack from M. Added 3D paint and ribbon to the letters for dimension.
For this challenge over at CPS, I choose these brown papers. Part of the "new" line of paper from M. The stamp is stampendous; from M as well. Lots of glitter and liquid glass on this one!! The flowers were cut using PS at 1 inch and the brads and ribbon - also an M purchase.
I had a lot of fun making this "springy" card for the Cupcake Craft Challenge and the 2s4y challenge. I know, it is late and I am still wide awake...although my children usually wake by 7:30 am so I better get to bed soon!! I used my nesties for this one. Words are computer generated and the flower was cut using PS at 1.5 inches. The leaves were also cut using PS at 1.5 inches with glitter stack paper. I added little pearls to the nestie edge to go with the challenge. The paper and ribbon is from M. I am really enjoying the new paper selection at M...it's about time!!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
This card was inspired by the Mojo Monday Blog. The stamp is one of the dollar deals at M. The skittles, ribbon and button are also from M. The flower was cut at 1.25 inches and shadowed with yellow glitter cardstock. The words are computer generated and I added liquid glass to the wings on the chick.
This card was for the contest on the BBTB blog. I really liked the way this card turned out; shimmery and blingy (ot sure if that's a word...lol). The paper is Bazzill Bling and the scallops are from my nesties. The butterfly wings are from my George cart at 1.25 inches (I cut the tips off to make it fit under the handcut body). The rhinestones are from M along with the ribbon. The words are computer generated.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Recently on the Cricut Message Board, SusieB posted a card she did a couple of years ago and it reminded me that I did a few like that last year as well. So I decided to make a bunch like that in different colors. The bunny was cut at 5.5 inches from the DC cart and the flowers at .75, 1 and 1.25 inches on the PS cart. I chalked the edges, nose and ears and added glitter to the centre flower and nose. These were so simple and very quick to make up; I did it as an assembly line..lol.
Saturday, March 7, 2009
This card was on the Friday Sketchers Blog, so I thought I'd give it a try. I had a hard time incorporating a text into the card so I gave up and left it empty. The stamp is from stampendous (M had 40% off - woohoo). I used liquid glass on the cat nose, flowers and snail. I used my nesties for the scalloped circle and lots of pearls. The ribbon was also a great deal at M ($1.29 for 3 metres).
I am not overly impressed by this one...took hours and for what?? I took it apart a few tmes and I ended up leaving it this way. The bunny was cut from PDDU at 7 inches...used just the head. I chalked the edges for detail and glittered the flowers and bunny nose. The leaves were cut at 1 inch with the PS cart. I doodles the black lines around the edge of the card and used 3D paint for the dots. I used glitter paper pack for the background of the bunny and inside the flowers (used my hole punch for that).
I need to get a bunch of easter cards done for my next sale...here it goes, this one is for the Daring Cardmakers. For this challenge, patchwork was the dare. I cut squares at 3.4 inches and doodled on each one to make it appear as patches (as I have a sewing machine-but don't know how to use it...lol). I used nesties for the scalloped circles and the stamp is a M dollar stamp from last year. I added liquid glass to the chick and the words are computer generated (I ran out of ink-the words were faded so I had to use a marker over the words). The stars were from a CM punch...more dusting off before using...lol.